April 5: Palm Sunday – Jesus in the Wilderness
Big idea: God does His most formative work in the wilderness and by trusting God in those uncomfortable places, we can have an unshakeable joy in unprecedented times. God is good, loves us deeply, and still allows us to journey through testing because He is present and has a purpose.Jesus leads the way through the wilderness and shows us how to combat discouragement and the stress of the wilderness. On our faith journey, testing is not just normal, it’s necessary.
Key Passages: Luke 4:1-13, Romans 8:31-39
- What stood out to you from this weekend’s message?
- What lessons are you learning in this coronavirus wilderness?
Read Matthew 7:24-27
- In what areas does the enemy attack Jesus? How does Jesus respond?
- How have you been tempted in these areas? What lies have you believed?
- What actions will you take this week to be better prepared for the attacks?
Read Romans 8:31-39
- Who are we according to this passage?
- What separates us from God’s love?
- How could believing this passage change your wilderness experience?
- Where have you seen God’s goodness in this wilderness? Spend time praising and thanking God.
- Where are you currently most vulnerable to attack? What struggle is the enemy leveraging? Share and invite someone to pray with you.
Holy Week Readings:
Monday – Luke 22:1:20
Tuesday – Luke 22:21-38
Wednesday – Luke 22:39-53
Thursday – Luke 22:54-23:12
Friday – Luke 23:26-56
Past Series Curriculum
April 5: Palm Sunday – Jesus in the Wilderness Big idea: God does His most formative work in the wilderness and by trusting God in those uncomfortable places, we can have an unshakeable joy in unprecedented times. God is good, loves us deeply, and still allows us to journey through testing because He is present and has…
March 29: Discovering Joy in the Wilderness Big idea: Wilderness is a powerful metaphor in Scripture, but also a powerful metaphor of life’s most intense experiences. The desert has a way of revealing what lies beneath the surface of our lives. Most of all the wilderness reveals our deep need For God. Even our spiritual heroes like…
March 22, 2020 Week 4: Redirecting Fear Big Idea: Fear is one of the most basic human emotions. In many ways, it is hardwired into us to keep us alive, but over time fear can dictate the perimeters of our life. Perhaps this is why Scripture calls us to fear God first, because our fear of God puts all other…