In John 4, we discover the story of the Samaritan woman who comes to the well and meets Jesus. She has a supernatural encounter with Jesus. She immediately goes to her neighbors and tells them they must, “come, see a man” (vs 29). Her neighbors come to the well and Scripture says they came, “because of the woman’s testimony” (vs 39). However, after encountering Jesus for themselves they said, “We no longer believe just because of what you (Samaritan woman) said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” The neighbors came because of her but they stayed because of Jesus. All of us know people who don’t know Jesus. We desire to see Calvary Church be a well where people bring others to meet Jesus. Our prayer is that they come because of us but stay because of Jesus. As Jesus followers we are not convincers, simply introducers.
- Share your thoughts on Mark’s sermon week 2, what did God say to you?
- Last week we gave you a challenge to make a list of things you can try to reach the person God has placed on your heart with the Gospel, share them with your group.
- Who were the people who first introduced you to Jesus? What did they say or do that made the biggest impact in your response to the Gospel?
Opening Scripture: John 4
- What stood out to you in the passage?
- Why do you think the Samaritan woman responded to Jesus?
- What has Jesus done in your life that could help you share the Gospel?
- Take a moment to reflect – what fears/worries/insecurities do you have about sharing the Gospel? Invite God to begin lifting those burdens.
- Pray together.
- Write out your testimony in 3-minutes and come ready to share it next week.
- Prayerfully consider joining the vision prayer team.
Past Series Curriculum
Week 1: Matthew 5:1-12 – Beatitudes Date: September 9 & 10 Writer: Steve Dang In first century Palestine, the people at the bottom of socio-economic-political pole were ignored and abandoned. But Jesus…Read More