April 5: Palm Sunday – Jesus in the Wilderness
Big idea: God does His most formative work in the wilderness and by trusting God in those uncomfortable places, we can have an unshakeable joy in unprecedented times. God is good, loves us deeply, and still allows us to journey through testing because He is present and has a purpose.Jesus leads the way through the wilderness and shows us how to combat discouragement and the stress of the wilderness. On our faith journey, testing is not just normal, it’s necessary.
Key Passages: Luke 4:1-13, Romans 8:31-39
- What stood out to you from this weekend’s message?
- What lessons are you learning in this coronavirus wilderness?
Read Matthew 7:24-27
- In what areas does the enemy attack Jesus? How does Jesus respond?
- How have you been tempted in these areas? What lies have you believed?
- What actions will you take this week to be better prepared for the attacks?
Read Romans 8:31-39
- Who are we according to this passage?
- What separates us from God’s love?
- How could believing this passage change your wilderness experience?
- Where have you seen God’s goodness in this wilderness? Spend time praising and thanking God.
- Where are you currently most vulnerable to attack? What struggle is the enemy leveraging? Share and invite someone to pray with you.
Holy Week Readings:
Monday – Luke 22:1:20
Tuesday – Luke 22:21-38
Wednesday – Luke 22:39-53
Thursday – Luke 22:54-23:12
Friday – Luke 23:26-56